Notre Dame hangs on for 70-65 win over Rutgers
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP)—Luke Harangody overcame a slow start to finish with 20 points and 15 rebounds and Tory Jackson added 18 points as Notre Dame hung on for a 70-65 victory over Rutgers on Wednesday night.
The Irish trailed by as many as 11 in the first half and led by as many as 12 with 4:56 left before finally winning, surviving a 9-0 run late by the Scarlet Knights (10-18, 1-14 Big East). Mike Rosario, who led Rutgers with 20 points, missed a pair of free throws with 41 seconds left that would have cut the lead to one.
After Harangody was called for an offensive foul with the Irish (16-11, 7-8 Big East) leading 65-62, Rosario missed a 3-pointer with 12 seconds left and was called for the foul. Harangody made both free throws to put the game away.
- Missouri's cell phone disposal process needs some work
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul