Northwestern State defeats Texas-San Antonio 77-74
NATCHITOCHES, La. (AP)—Damon Jones scored 26 points to lead Northwestern State to a 77-74 victory over Texas-San Antonio on Wednesday night.
Jones and Keithan Hancock hit consecutive 3-pointers to erase a four-point deficit and give the Demons (11-17, 3-10 Southland Conference) a 75-73 advantage with 20.3 seconds left.
Texas-San Antonio’s Demarco Stepter hit a free throw to cut the lead to 75-74, but Northwestern State’s Deivida Petravicius hit two with 1 second left to seal it.
Texas-San Antonio (16-10, 7-6) entered the game averaging 8.8 3-pointers, but was only 5 of 21 from the 3-point line (23.8 percent).
Kalem Porterie had 14 points and 15 rebounds, Hancock scored 12 points, Petravicius added 10 points and William Mosley had 11 rebounds for Northwestern State.
Travis Gabbidon scored 16 points and Stepter had 11 points and 11 rebounds for the Roadrunners.
- Northwestern State defeats Texas-San Antonio 77-74
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook