Duquesne beats Massachusetts 94-77
AMHERST, Mass. (AP)—Bill Clark scored 22 points to lead five Duquesne players in double figures and the Dukes beat Massachusetts 94-77 on Wednesday night.
Duquesne (17-9, 8-5 Atlantic 10) finished the first half on a 15-4 run to take a 46-35 lead. Massachusetts cut its deficit to 10 points on Gary Correia’s 3-pointer with just under 6 minutes left, but never got closer.
Damian Saunders had 18 points and seven rebounds for Duquesne, while Aaron Jackson had 17 points, nine assists and five rebounds. Eric Evans scored 14 points and Jason Duty had 10 to round out the double-digit scorers.
Reserve Anthony Gurley led Massachusetts (10-16, 5-8) with 18 points, while Ricky Harris added 14 points and Matt Glass had 12.
The 94 points were the most Massachusetts allowed this season. The Minutemen lost despite hitting 16 3-pointers, breaking the school record for 3 in a game.
- One fan’s penance for not believing in VCU: running a marathon
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan