Miles’ 24 leads Lamar to 75-64 win over UTA
BEAUMONT, Texas (AP)—Anthony Miles scored 24 points and Brandon McThay added 20 to lead Lamar to a 75-64 victory over Texas-Arlington on Wednesday night.
Lamar (15-12, 6-7 Southland) led by as many as 14 in the second half.
Miles was 11-of-18 from the field and 2-of-4 at the free-throw line. McThay made three 3-pointers and all but one of his 10 free throws. Jay Brown scored 14 points off the bench and pulled down eight rebounds for the Cardinals.
Marquez Haynes led the Mavericks (15-11, 8-5) with 16 points while Anthony Vereen added 15 and Roge’r Guignard scored 12. Vereen and Haynes each had nine rebounds.
Lamar led 37-31 at the half.
- Probe: UConn violated NCAA rules
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims