Miles’ 24 leads Lamar to 75-64 win over UTA
BEAUMONT, Texas (AP)—Anthony Miles scored 24 points and Brandon McThay added 20 to lead Lamar to a 75-64 victory over Texas-Arlington on Wednesday night.
Lamar (15-12, 6-7 Southland) led by as many as 14 in the second half.
Miles was 11-of-18 from the field and 2-of-4 at the free-throw line. McThay made three 3-pointers and all but one of his 10 free throws. Jay Brown scored 14 points off the bench and pulled down eight rebounds for the Cardinals.
Marquez Haynes led the Mavericks (15-11, 8-5) with 16 points while Anthony Vereen added 15 and Roge’r Guignard scored 12. Vereen and Haynes each had nine rebounds.
Lamar led 37-31 at the half.
- Miles' 24 leads Lamar to 75-64 win over UTA
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2