Georgia State defeats Hofstra 76-55
ATLANTA (AP)—Leonard Mendez scored a season-high 27 points to lead Georgia State to a 76-55 victory over Hofstra on Wednesday night, extending the Panthers’ longest winning streak of the season to four games.
Before beating Northeastern on Feb. 18, Georgia State (11-18, 8-9 Colonial Athletic Association) had not won two games in a row all season.
The loss snapped a five-game winning streak for the Pride (19-10, 10-7).
The Panthers shot 61.5 percent from the field (16 of 26) in the first half to lead 46-27 at the break.
The Pride started the second half with a 12-1 run, cutting the deficit to eight points with 15:12 left. Hofstra then was scoreless for more than four minutes during a 13-0 Georgia State surge.
Trae Goldston added 15 points for the Panthers, shooting 4-for-6 from 3-point range.
Charles Jenkins led Hofstra with 19 points.
- Georgia State defeats Hofstra 76-55
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?