Richmond beats Fordham 78-68
NEW YORK (AP)—Kevin Anderson scored 18 points and David Gonzalvez added 17 to lead Richmond to a 78-68 victory over Fordham on Wednesday night, the Rams’ seventh straight loss.
Justin Harper had 14 points for the Spiders (15-13, 7-6 Atlantic 10).
Mike Moore was 7-of-11 from the field, 9-for-9 from the free throw line and had 25 points for the Rams (3-22, 1-12), while freshman Jio Fontan added 18 points.
Richmond went on 12-4 run to take a 24-15 lead with 9:46 left it half and the Spiders extended the lead to 42-27 on a jumper by Harper with 1:09 to play. Richmond led 42-31 at halftime.
A layup by Gonzalvez gave Richmond its biggest lead of the game, 47-31. Fordham got within nine points six times, the last on a three-point play by Fontan that made it 72-63 with 5:04 to go.
- Gilder scores 18 to lead Northwestern St. to 71-51 win
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner