Evansville outlasts Bradley 56-49
Evansville, Ind. (AP)—Jason Holsinger scored 19 points and Shy Ely had 14 as Evansville outlasted Bradley 56-49 Wednesday night in the Missouri Valley Conference.
Nate Garner and James Haarsma each had 10 rebounds for the Purple Aces (17-11, 8-9), who scored 19 points off Braves turnovers.
David Collins, with 10 points and 10 rebounds, was the only player in double figures for Bradley (16-13, 9-8).
Evansville led 30-20 at the break and never trailed. The Braves got no closer than three after the break.
The Purple Aces shot 40 percent from the field and 3-of-9 from behind the arc. The Braves shot 34 percent from the field and 6-of-24 from 3-point range. Both teams made about 63 percent of their free throws.
- TNT's Reggie Miller excited for college broadcasting debut
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims