Eastern Michigan snuffs Toledo rally for 58-49 win
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP)—Brandon Bowdry had a team-high 17 points and Eastern Michigan let a 15-point halftime lead slip away before rebounding for a 58-49 win over Toledo on Wednesday night.
Justin Dobbins added 16 points and four blocked shots and Antonio Green scored 13 points for the Eagles (5-23, 3-10 Mid-American), who led 30-15 at halftime on 52 percent shooting.
The Rockets (5-23, 3-10) chipped away until they took a 43-41 lead on a Tyrone Kent jumper with 9:08 remaining. A Green free throw two minutes later put Eastern ahead to stay, 46-45, and the Eagles defended a single-digit lead the rest of the way.
Kent finished with 20 points and Justin Anyijong had 10 points and a game-high nine rebounds for the Rockets.
- Eastern Michigan snuffs Toledo rally for 58-49 win
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy