Bataille lifts Northeastern past Drexel 47-46
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Baptiste Bataille banked in a jump shot with 1.2 seconds left to lift Northeastern a 47-46 win over Drexel on Wednesday night.
Northeastern (18-10, 12-5 Colonial Athletic Association) had been held scoreless for 4:08 before the game-winning shot. Manny Adako had scored a game-high 17 points but fouled out with 3:43 remaining. Chaisson Allen chipped in 12 points for the Huskies, who won despite shooting just 39 percent from the field.
Scott Rodgers led Drexel (15-12, 10-7) with 13 points and Tramayne Hawthorne added 12 points. Samme Givens pulled down 10 rebounds for the Dragons, who shot only 30 percent from the field and didn’t score a field goal in the game’s final 5:49.
Northeastern scored the first 12 points of the game and then made the first eight points of the second half as a dunk by Adako put the Huskies up 35-25 with 16:57 remaining. Hawthorne’s fourth 3-pointer of the game with 8:23 left gave Drexel its first lead, 41-40, and the lead changed hands on five consecutive baskets before Bataille’s game-winner.
- The worst foul in tournament history? Pitt’s error hands Butler win
- Johnson, Paige help No. 9 Tar Heels roll past Panthers 85-64
- Bond helps Temple top South Florida 77-65
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66