Wyoming downs Colorado State 82-79
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP)—Brandon Ewing scored four of his 21 points in the final 54 seconds, leading Wyoming to an 82-79 victory over Colorado State on Wednesday night.
The night gave Ewing 2,058 points in his career and moved him past Flynn Robinson (2,049) for second place on Wyoming’s all-time scoring list.
Adam Muojeke added 19 points for Wyoming (17-10, 6-7 Mountain West, which has won three straight.
Andy Ogide led Colorado State (9-19, 4-10) with 19 points. Andre McFarland had 16 points for the Rams.
Ewing put Wyoming ahead 78-74 with a spinning layup with 54 seconds left, but Marcus Walker cut the lead to 78-77 with a 3-pointer.
Muojeke buried two free throws with 20 seconds, but Gardner missed a chance to tie the game when he made a layup but missed the free throw.
Ewing sealed the win with two free throws.
- Wyoming downs Colorado State 82-79
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament