Holy Cross beats Colgate 60-58
HAMILTON, N.Y. (AP)—Devin Brown scored 13 points and Andrew Beinert added 12 points and four rebounds as Holy Cross edged Colgate 60-58 in Patriot League play Wednesday.
With the win, the Crusaders (15-13, 10-3) will be no worse than second seed in the Patriot League Tournament.
Ben Jonson led Colgate (9-18, 5-8) with 18 points and six rebounds, and Yaw Gyawu added 14 points.
The score was tied at 11-11 after the first seven minutes, but the Crusaders went on a 15-4 run over the next seven minutes to take an 11-point advantage, 26-15. The Raiders scored the next eight points and then tied the score at 28-28 at the half.
Colgate started the second half with a 12-3 run to go up 40-31 before Holy Cross responded with a 17-5 spurt and took the lead for good.
Both teams end their regular seasons Saturday: Colgate at Navy, Holy Cross at home against Lehigh.
- Holy Cross beats Colgate 60-58
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions