Cal State Bakersfield holds off Cal Poly 57-52
SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. (AP)—Senior guard Terrence Johns came off the bench to score 18 points as Cal State Bakersfield beat Cal Poly 57-52 Wednesday.
Cal Poly rallied from seven down in the final minutes to pull within 51-50 with 1:31 left, but Donovan Bragg hit a jumper and two free throws down the stretch.
Cal State Bakersfield (8-20) held the Mustangs to 1-for-14 from 3-point range and 42 percent shooting from the floor.
Chaz Thomas scored 13 points for Cal Poly (7-18), which finished the first half on a 7-0 run and led 34-28 at halftime.
- Cal State Bakersfield holds off Cal Poly 57-52
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark