N.J. Tech 53, Texas-Pan American 60
EDINBURG, Texas (AP)—Emmanuel Jones scored 31 points and P.J. Turner made seven key free throws down the stretch as Texas-Pan American rallied for a 60-53 victory over N.J. Tech Monday night.
Texas-Pan American used a 14-2 run late in the second half to take the lead for good. Jones scored eight of his 31 points over that stretch. Turner hit seven of his nine free throws late in the game to preserve the win.
Jones also had nine rebounds for Texas-Pan American (9-16).
Isaiah Wilkerson led N.J. Tech (1-26) with 16 points. Jheryl Wilson added 15.
N.J. Tech led 25-23 at the half and built that to a 7-point lead at 42-35 before Texas-Pan American began its rally.
- With help of refs, Villanova avoids historic upset to Robert Morris
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics
- Selection Sunday is just 5 weeks away
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier
- Gill's 16, 'D' lead No. 7 Virginia past Virginia Tech, 67-49