Prairie View beats Ark.-Pine Bluff 66-64
PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas (AP)—Derek Johnson led five players with double figures to push Prairie View A&M to a 66-64 victory over Arkansas-Pine Bluff Monday night.
Johnson scored 16 and came off the bench to hit 4-of-7 from the field for Prairie View A&M (12-14). Darnell Hugee added 15, Chris Jones hit 13, Michael Griffin added 12 and Tim Meadows contributed 10.
Lebaron Weathers led Arkansas-Pine Bluff (10-15) with 12. Terrance Calvin, Savalance Townsend and Tyree Glass each scored 11. Townsend had nine rebounds while Calvin and Glass each had seven rebounds.
Prairie View A&M led 33-28 at the half.
- Prairie View beats Ark.-Pine Bluff 66-64
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four