Florida A&M edges Delaware St. 63-61 in OT
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP)—Lamar Twitty scored 17 points and Larry Jackson had 16 points and the winning layup with 36 seconds left in overtime to give Florida A&M a 63-61 win over Delaware State on Monday night.
The Rattlers (8-18, 6-8 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) won two straight games for the first time since Jan. 19 in closing out a 46-year run at Jake Gaither Gymnasium.
After Jackson’s layup gave FAMU a 62-60 lead, Twitty hit the second of two free throws with 7 seconds left.
FAMU’s Joe Ballard fouled Terrence Parkes on a 3-point attempt with 1 second left, but he made only the first of his three foul shots.
The Hornets (7-22, 5-9), who dropped their third straight game, were led by Fred Bouie with 12 points.
FAMU led by as many as nine in the second half, but Donald Johnson hit a 3-pointer with five seconds left in regulation to force overtime.
- Florida A&M edges Delaware St. 63-61 in OT
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four