Alabama St. beats Alcorn St. 76-71
LORMAN, Miss. (AP)—Chief Kickingstallionsims and Andrew Hayles scored 16 points apiece, and Wesley Jones notched a double-double, to lead Alabama State in a 76-71 win over Alcorn State on Monday night.
Alabama State maintained its spot atop the Southwestern Athletic Conference with the victory, which extended its winning streak to seven games.
Jones scored 12 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, while Brandon Brooks finished with 15 points for the Hornets (16-8, 13-1).
Jonathan Boyd paced the Braves (6-22, 4-11) with 22 points, Troy Jackson added 17 and JaMarkus Holt had 12.
Brooks scored four points in the game’s final 36 seconds to seal the win, holding off the Braves despite five points from Boyd in the game’s final 22 seconds. The Hornets, who led by nine points at the break, held on to win although they were outscored 43-39 in the second half.
- Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur are caught green-handed
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- No. 5 Xavier finds shooting touch in 74-57 blowout at Butler
- No. 10 West Virginia routs TCU 73-42
- Barber's career-high 38 help NC State beat Wake Forest 99-88
- Kansas concerned about defending hot-shooting Oklahoma