Alabama St. beats Alcorn St. 76-71
LORMAN, Miss. (AP)—Chief Kickingstallionsims and Andrew Hayles scored 16 points apiece, and Wesley Jones notched a double-double, to lead Alabama State in a 76-71 win over Alcorn State on Monday night.
Alabama State maintained its spot atop the Southwestern Athletic Conference with the victory, which extended its winning streak to seven games.
Jones scored 12 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, while Brandon Brooks finished with 15 points for the Hornets (16-8, 13-1).
Jonathan Boyd paced the Braves (6-22, 4-11) with 22 points, Troy Jackson added 17 and JaMarkus Holt had 12.
Brooks scored four points in the game’s final 36 seconds to seal the win, holding off the Braves despite five points from Boyd in the game’s final 22 seconds. The Hornets, who led by nine points at the break, held on to win although they were outscored 43-39 in the second half.
- Alabama St. beats Alcorn St. 76-71
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?