St. John’s beats Seton Hall 70-65
NEW YORK (AP)—D.J. Kennedy scored 21 points, including four free throws in the final 10 seconds, and St. John’s snapped a five-game losing streak with a 70-65 victory over Seton Hall on Sunday.
Justin Burrell had 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Red Storm (13-14, 4-10 Big East), while Sean Evans had 10 points and 13 rebounds.
Jeremy Hazell had 22 points for the Pirates (14-12, 5-9), who lost their third straight after a five-game winning streak.
Burrell made two free throws with 1:47 to play to give St. John’s the lead for good at 63-61. Paris Horne’s layup after a steal gave the Red Storm a four-point lead.
Hazell’s two free throws with 51 seconds left made it 65-63. Horne made one free throw to make it 66-63 with 26 seconds left. Hazell hit a jumper with 13 seconds left to bring Seton Hall within one, then Kennedy hit his clinching free throws.
- Big 12 preview: Scouting the league with ex-Kansas guard Greg Gurley
- Creighton's 113-58 win over Lancers biggest margin since '02
- Syracuse reeling with 3 losses in 4 games
- Hartford stuns Boston College 65-63 behind Dunne's 25 points
- UT Arlington beats Top 25 team first time in program history
- FSU scores most under Hamilton in 118-63 rout of Nicholls