Yale beats Columbia 57-49
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP)—Ross Morin and Alex Zampier both scored 16 points to lead Yale over Columbia 57-49 on Saturday night.
Patrick Foley led all scorers with 17 points for Columbia but Yale went on a lengthy run in the second half and rallied from a nine-point deficit to pull away in the game’s final minutes. Jason Miller added 10 points for the Lions.
Both teams are now 11-13 on the season and tied for second place in league play at 6-4.
Columbia led 27-25 at the half and then built a 41-32 lead with 14:03 to play in the second half. But Yale went on a 16-2 run as the Lions scored just one field goal over a 10-minute span.
Morin had 12 of his points in the second half and Yale did the bulk of its scoring in the paint or on the free throw line.
- Ex-UNLV and NBA star Armen Gilliam died doing what he loved
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56