Wichita State beats Cleveland State 70-59
WICHITA, Kan. (AP)—Toure Murry connected on five second-half three-pointers and led Wichita State with 17 points to lift the Shockers to a 70-59 victory over Cleveland State Saturday.
Wichita State (14-14) never trailed after the 13:49 mark in the first half in the ESPNU BracketBusters game. WSU has now won seven straight at home and eight of its last 11.
Cleveland State (20-9) had three in double-digits with J?Nathan Bullock and D?Aundray Brown each scoring 12 points. Cedric Jackson added 10.
Wichita State built a 12-point first half lead by making 12 of its first 18 shots. The Shockers shot 62.5 percent for the half.
But Cleveland State rallied to close the deficit to within four at the half. The Vikings drew within three points multiple times in the second half, but could never take the lead.
Murry?s fifth three-pointer of the half started a 9-0 run to put the game away.
- NCAA Riches to NBA Rags: No. 7, Billy Owens
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons