E. Illinois stems W. Michigan rally, 59-57
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP)—Ousmane Cisse led four Eastern Illinois players in double figures with 13 points and the Panthers fought off Western Michigan down the stretch for a 59-57 victory Saturday.
Romain Martin added 12 points, T.J. Marion and Billy Parrish scored 11 each and Parrish had a team-high eight rebounds for Eastern Illinois (12-15).
The Broncos (9-17) took a 45-40 lead with 9:47 remaining on a 3-pointer by David Kool, who led all scorers with 26 points. A Martin layup with 8:11 to go put Eastern Illinois up 49-47, and the Panthers held the lead until Shawntes Gary hit two free throws to force a 55-55 tie with 1:19 left. Jeremy Granger’s 3-point play 11 seconds later put Eastern Illinois up for good, 58-55.
Western Michigan had a 39-29 rebounding advantage, led by Donald Lawson with nine.
- Act fast: George Mason Final Four rings on eBay
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team