Uzoh’s 23 lifts Tulsa past East Carolina 72-62
TULSA, Okla. (AP)—Ben Uzoh scored 23 points as Tulsa rallied from a 10-point first-half deficit and snapped a two-game losing streak by beating East Carolina 72-62.
The win puts Tulsa (18-9, 8-4) back into the race for second place behind Memphis in Conference USA. Justin Hurtt scored 17 points for the Golden Hurricane.
Sam Hinnant led East Carolina (13-13, 5-8) with 21 points, 16 of those in the first half when he made all four of his 3-point attempts.
The Pirates shot a torrid 53.8 percent from the field in the first half to take a 39-33 lead but made just 7-of-33 shot in the second half and finished the game at 36 percent.
Tulsa opened the second half with an 18-4 run to take a 51-43 lead. Tulsa led 60-48 with 7:10 left and kept the Pirates at bay by making 10 of 11 free throws in the final 4:10.
- Louisiana Tech defeats Arkansas-Little Rock 86-66
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win