Guignard scores 18 for UTA
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—Roge’r Guignard scored 18 points, five rebounds and four assists to lead Texas-Arlington to an 87-73 win over Central Arkansas on Saturday.
LaMarcus Reed added 16 points on 6-of-9 shooting. Tommy Moffitt and Marquez Haynes each had 14 for the Mavericks (15-10, 8-4 Southland).
Texas-Arlington shot 58 percent from the field to the Bears’ 45 percent. The Mavericks held a 37-28 rebounding advantage.
The Bears (9-16, 2-10) were led by Marcus Pillow, who scored 30 points, including a school record nine 3-pointers.
The game was tied at 31 at the half, then Texas-Arlington built leads up to 24 points in the second half.
- Ex-NC State star Chris Washburn hopes his story will help others
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs