White’s free-throws seal win for Texas State
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP)—Ryan White made four consecutive free throws in overtime and Corey Jefferson scored a career high 22 points as Texas State beat Nicholls State 71-66 on Saturday.
The Bobcats (12-13, 5-7 Southland) trailed 58-54 with 2:05 to play but closed the gap, thanks to a key 3-pointer by Jefferson. Brent Benson’s 3-pointer with just 13 seconds left in regulation sent the game to OT.
Texas State scored the first six points of overtime, but the Colonels battled back. Anatoly Bose, who had 21 points, hit a 3-pointer for Nicholls, but White assured the win with his four straight free shots.
Brandon Bush scored 16 points for Texas State, and White had 12.
Ryan Bathie had 21 for Nicholls (15-10, 8-4), and Kellen Carter scored 10.
- White's free-throws seal win for Texas State
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel