South Alabama defeats Louisiana-Monroe 67-60
MOBILE, Ala. (AP)—DeAndre’ Coleman scored 21 points and had 10 rebounds to lead South Alabama to a 67-60 victory over Louisiana-Monroe on Saturday night.
Brandon Davis added 16 points and 14 rebounds as the Jaguars (17-11, 10-7 Sun Belt Conference) won their fourth consecutive game and sixth in their past seven.
South Alabama shot 46.6 percent from the field (27 of 58). But the Warhawks (9-18, 5-11), who have lost three straight, were only 20 of 57 from the field (35.1 percent).
The Jaguars also went 11 of 24 from the free-throw line.
South Alabama built a 15-point lead with 8 minutes left. Louisiana-Monroe cut the advantage to single digits but couldn’t get closer than the final margin.
Domonic Tilford added 11 points for the Jaguars.
Lawrence Gilbert scored 14 points and Malcolm Thomas and Kenneth Averette added 11 points each for the Warhawks.
- South Alabama defeats Louisiana-Monroe 67-60
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown