S. Utah beats Centenary 79-68
CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP)—Davis Baker went 11-of-16 from the field for 28 points in Southern Utah’s 79-68 win over Centenary on Saturday night.
John Clifford added 13 points and a career-high 16 rebounds for his sixth double-double of the season for the Thunderbirds (10-17, 8-8 Summit).
Leading 37-27 at halftime, Southern Utah outscored Centenary 16-6 to take its biggest lead, 53-33, with 13:44 left. The Gentlemen (7-21, 5-11) narrowed the margin to 61-55 on a Gary Redus layup with 5:29 remaining. But Southern Utah responded with three straight baskets, including two by Clifford, and went 7-for-8 from the foul line in the final two minutes.
Maxx Nakwaasaw scored 19 points to lead the Gentlemen, followed by Redus with 16 points and Chase Adams with 10.
- Experts picks
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims