S. Utah beats Centenary 79-68
CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP)—Davis Baker went 11-of-16 from the field for 28 points in Southern Utah’s 79-68 win over Centenary on Saturday night.
John Clifford added 13 points and a career-high 16 rebounds for his sixth double-double of the season for the Thunderbirds (10-17, 8-8 Summit).
Leading 37-27 at halftime, Southern Utah outscored Centenary 16-6 to take its biggest lead, 53-33, with 13:44 left. The Gentlemen (7-21, 5-11) narrowed the margin to 61-55 on a Gary Redus layup with 5:29 remaining. But Southern Utah responded with three straight baskets, including two by Clifford, and went 7-for-8 from the foul line in the final two minutes.
Maxx Nakwaasaw scored 19 points to lead the Gentlemen, followed by Redus with 16 points and Chase Adams with 10.
- S. Utah beats Centenary 79-68
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook