Pomare leads San Diego to 66-60 win over Pacific
SAN DIEGO (AP)—Gyno Pomare scored 16 points and De’Jon Jackson added 14 as San Diego snapped a three-game losing streak with a 66-60 win over Pacific on Saturday night.
Pomare had 10 points in the first half as San Diego (14-14) shot 58.3 percent from the field en route to a 34-24 halftime lead. Pomare finished hitting 7-of-10 shots.
The Toreros, who took a 12-point lead four minutes into the second half, were outscored 15-4 as Pacific (14-11) cut the lead to 44-43 with 9:53 left. But Devin Ginty hit a pair of 3-point shots over three possessions to put San Diego ahead 52-45.
The Tigers sliced the lead to 61-57 on Michael Kirby’s 3-pointer with 31 seconds left, but could get no closer.
Ginty finished with 12 points, hitting 4-of-5 3-pointers.
Sam Willard paced Pacific with 14 points and Chad Troyer had 11.
- Pomare leads San Diego to 66-60 win over Pacific
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?