Allmond’s 20 leads to 89-67 Bearkats win over UTSA
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP)—Corey Allmond scored 20 points and Barkley Falkner pulled down 16 rebounds to go with 12 points to lead Sam Houston State to an 89-67 victory over Texas-San Antonio on Saturday.
Five players reached double figures for the Bearkats (15-10, 9-3 Southland) in the game. Drae Murray scored 11 points off the bench, Preston Brown scored 11 and DeLuis Ramirez added 10 points.
Devin Gibson led the Roadrunners (16-9, 7-5) with 17 points off the bench. Gibson was 11-of-12 from the free throw line and 3-of-12 from field goal range. Joey Shank scored 14 points for UTSA and Chris Allen added 12.
Sam Houston State dominated in the paint where they outscored the Roadrunners 44-22.
- Allmond's 20 leads to 89-67 Bearkats win over UTSA
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot