Rider rallies for 71-65 win over UMBC
LAWRENCECILLE, N.J. (AP)—Ryan Thompson scored 16 points and pulled down nine rebounds as Rider rallied to beat Maryland-Baltimore County 71-65 on Saturday.
Harris Mansell and Justin Robinson both added 15 points and five rebounds for the Broncs (16-11), who made 47.1 percent of their shots. Darryl Proctor had 23 points and 11 rebounds for the Retrievers (12-15), while Chauncey Gilliam had 17 points and 10 rebounds and Jay Greene finished with 14 points.
The teams traded baskets for most of the game, but Rider took the lead for good with a 14-6 run—which featured six points by Thompson—that put them ahead 66-61 lead with 2:32 left to play. The Broncs then sealed the win by making 5-of-6 free throws in the final 40 seconds.
Rider also won the battle of the boards, outrebounding UMBC 41-37.
- Rider rallies for 71-65 win over UMBC
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game