Dartmouth edges Princeton 66-63
PRINCETON, N.J. (AP)—Alex Barnett scored 22 points—including six straight free throws in the final minute—to give Dartmouth a 66-63 win over Princeton on Saturday.
Marlon Sanders added 13 points and David Rufful finished with 12 for the Big Green (8-16, 6-4 Ivy League). Dan Mavraides had 19 for the Tigers (10-12, 5-4), wile Douglas Davis added 16 and Pawel Buczak had 11.
The two teams had traded the lead for most of the second half before Dartmouth went ahead for good with 47 seconds left to play, taking a 62-61 lead on two free throws by Barnett. He then made two more with 28 seconds remaining, but Davis responded with two free throws to cut the lead to 64-63 with 17 seconds left.
Mavraides then immediately fouled Barnett, who hit two more free throws. Princeton then held the ball for a final shot, but Mavraides missed a 3-point try in the final seconds.
- Dartmouth edges Princeton 66-63
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four