Harvard defeats Penn 66-60
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Drew Housman scored 22 points and Jeremy Lin scored seven in the last 37 seconds as Harvard defeated Penn 66-60 Saturday night.
Keith Wright had 13 points and Lin 12 for Harvard (11-13, 3-7 Ivy League), which had lost 16 straight at Penn’s Palestra.
Jack Eggleston had 14 points for the Quakers (8-15, 4-5), who shot 20-for-56.
Penn trailed 42-33 with 12:50 left before Kevin Egee hit three 3-pointers during a 16-6 run, and the Quakers moved out to a 49-48 lead on a 3-pointer by Tyler Bernardini.
Eggleston hit two free throws that tied the game at 58 with a minute remaining.
Lin then hit a 3-pointer with 37 seconds left and, after Penn closed within 61-60, converted four free throws to seal the win.
The loss marked the first time since the Ivy League started in 1956-57 that Penn was swept at home by Dartmouth and Harvard on the same weekend. Penn had faced Harvard and Dartmouth at home on the same weekend 52 times.
- Officials at ACC tournament honor ref who ejected N.C. State legends
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game