Old Dominion dominates Liberty 80-56
NORFOLK, Va. (AP)—Gerald Lee scored 26 points and Ben Finney added 19 to lead Old Dominion to an 80-56 victory over Liberty on Saturday.
Lee, who went 13 of 16 from the field, became the 44th Old Dominion player to reach 1,000 career points. The Monarchs (18-9) won their fourth game in a row, while snapping the Flames (20-9) four game winning streak.
A dunk by Liberty’s Anthony Smith cut Old Dominion’s lead to 46-41 with 14:11 left in the second half. But that’s as close as the Flames would get as the Monarchs pushed their margin up to 11 points after Finney’s 3-pointer, a jumper by Lee and a free throw from Finney with 12:51 left to play.
Old Dominion increased its advantage to 72-52 with 4:36 remaining on a layup by Lee.
Darius James had nine assists and one turnover for the Monarchs.
Seth Curry led Liberty with 24 points on 9 of 21 shooting.
- Old Dominion dominates Liberty 80-56
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense