Oklahoma State drops Baylor 84-74
STILLWATER, Okla. (AP)—Byron Eaton scored 23 points and Marshall Moses added 14 points and 18 rebounds Saturday as Oklahoma State beat Baylor 84-74.
The Cowboys (17-9, 6-6 Big 12) also got 20 points from James Anderson.
Tweety Carter scored a season-high 30 points for Baylor (16-10, 4-8), and Kevin Rogers added 11 as the Bears lost for the seventh time in eight games.
A 4-point play by Carter with 7:19 remaining gave the Bears a 64-63 lead, but Oklahoma State outscored Baylor 20-11 the rest of the way.
The Cowboys’ closing run was fueled by Eaton, who drained a 3-pointer and converted a lay-up in traffic.
Oklahoma State hit just 6-of-18 from 3-point range, but converted 28-of-33 free throws and outrebounded Baylor 39-30.
Baylor was 13-of-31 from 3-point range.
- Andre Drummond’s change of heart lifts UConn into title picture
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster