Arkansas-Little Rock beats North Texas
DENTON, Texas (AP)—John Fowler scored 13 points and got nine rebounds as Arkansas-Little Rock beat North Texas 58-54 on Saturday night.
Also scoring in the double digits for Arkansas-Little Rock (20-7, 13-3 Sun Belt) were Shane Edwards with 12 and Wayne Burton with 10.
Adam McCoy scored 15 for North Texas (16-11, 9-7). Eric Tramiel scored 13 and Collin Dennis had 12.
Arkansas-Little Rock led 26-24 at the half. Arkansas-Little Rock shot 37 percent from the field while North Texas shot 25 percent.
- Eric Devendorf punished for punching woman, but not by the law
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality