Rebels survive Cougars? run
LAS VEGAS (AP)—Wink Adams scored a game-high 22 points to lead UNLV over BYU 75-74 as the Rebels held off a late Cougars run Saturday night.
Adams hit five free throws in the final 1:02 of the game after BYU trailed 67-55 with 3:16 left. He also had seven rebounds and five assists in front of UNLV?s first sellout since 1993.
Also for the Rebels (20-7, 8-5), senior guard Mareceo Rutledge scored a career high 13 points. Rene Rougeau had 12 points and five rebounds, while Tre?Von Willis added 10 points and eight rebounds for the Rebels.
Lee Cummard led BYU (20-6, 8-4) with 20 points and seven rebounds. Jonathan Tavernari added 19 points and 11 rebounds. Tavernari was 5-of-9 from 3-point range. Jimmer Fredette added 13 points, while Chris Miles had 10 for the Cougars, who came in winners of five straight.
- Rebels survive Cougars? run
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown