St. Francis, Pa. 63, Mount St. Mary’s, Md. 93
EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP)—Jeremy Goode scored 21 points to lead Mount St. Mary’s to a 93-63 victory over St. Francis, Pa., on Saturday night.
Jean Cajou finished with 19 for the Mountaineers (17-11, 12-5 Northeast Conference). Kelly Beidler added 18.
Mount St. Mary’s used a 10-2 run in the first half to jump out to a 37-21 lead with 8:59 left. At halftime, the Mountaineers led 49-34.
In the second half, Mount St. Mary’s went on a 16-3 run to hold the Red Flash (5-22, 2-14) scoreless for almost six minutes. Lamar Trice’s layup with 6:50 remaining made the score 82-51.
The Red Flash were led by Devin Sweetney, who finished with 21 points and 14 rebounds. Marquis Ford added 15 points.
The Mountaineers shot 63.2 percent from the field (36-for-57) and totaled 20 assists.
- Chicago State defeats Texas-Pan American 76-69
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality