St. Francis, Pa. 63, Mount St. Mary’s, Md. 93
EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP)—Jeremy Goode scored 21 points to lead Mount St. Mary’s to a 93-63 victory over St. Francis, Pa., on Saturday night.
Jean Cajou finished with 19 for the Mountaineers (17-11, 12-5 Northeast Conference). Kelly Beidler added 18.
Mount St. Mary’s used a 10-2 run in the first half to jump out to a 37-21 lead with 8:59 left. At halftime, the Mountaineers led 49-34.
In the second half, Mount St. Mary’s went on a 16-3 run to hold the Red Flash (5-22, 2-14) scoreless for almost six minutes. Lamar Trice’s layup with 6:50 remaining made the score 82-51.
The Red Flash were led by Devin Sweetney, who finished with 21 points and 14 rebounds. Marquis Ford added 15 points.
The Mountaineers shot 63.2 percent from the field (36-for-57) and totaled 20 assists.
- Who's college basketball's midseason player of the year?
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home