St. Francis, Pa. 63, Mount St. Mary’s, Md. 93
EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP)—Jeremy Goode scored 21 points to lead Mount St. Mary’s to a 93-63 victory over St. Francis, Pa., on Saturday night.
Jean Cajou finished with 19 for the Mountaineers (17-11, 12-5 Northeast Conference). Kelly Beidler added 18.
Mount St. Mary’s used a 10-2 run in the first half to jump out to a 37-21 lead with 8:59 left. At halftime, the Mountaineers led 49-34.
In the second half, Mount St. Mary’s went on a 16-3 run to hold the Red Flash (5-22, 2-14) scoreless for almost six minutes. Lamar Trice’s layup with 6:50 remaining made the score 82-51.
The Red Flash were led by Devin Sweetney, who finished with 21 points and 14 rebounds. Marquis Ford added 15 points.
The Mountaineers shot 63.2 percent from the field (36-for-57) and totaled 20 assists.
- St. Francis, Pa. 63, Mount St. Mary's, Md. 93
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark