Bradley beats Loyola of Chicago 86-75
CHICAGO (AP)—Sam Maniscalco and Chris Roberts had 18 points apiece as Bradley used a 30-4 margin in free throws to defeat Loyola of Chicago in a Bracketbuster non-conference game Saturday.
Loyola (14-16) scored the first four points of the game, but Maniscalco led a Brave run of 15 unanswered points.
Bradley (16-12) led 38-25 with just under 4 minutes to go in the first half, but the Ramblers rallied to cut the margin to 40-24 at the intermission.
The Ramblers outscored Bradley 14-7 in the opening five minutes of the second half, and later came as close as 6 points at 65-59 after Courtney Stanley hit a 3-pointer with 5 minutes left.
Bradley then hit 17-of-22 free throws in the final four minutes.
Justin Cerasoli led the Ramblers with a game-high 26 points, while J.R. Blount added 20.
Theron Wilson with 16 points and Dodie Dunson with 13 were also in double figures for the Braves.
- LSU unveils a 900-pound bronze statue in Shaq’s honor
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- No. 5 Xavier finds shooting touch in 74-57 blowout at Butler
- No. 10 West Virginia routs TCU 73-42
- Barber's career-high 38 help NC State beat Wake Forest 99-88
- Kansas concerned about defending hot-shooting Oklahoma