Quinnipiac beats Long Island U. 78-73
NEW YORK (AP)—Justin Rutty had 23 points and 16 rebounds and Quinnipiac rallied for a 78-73 victory over Long Island University on Saturday.
Jeremy Baker scored 13 points for the Bobcats (13-14, 9-7 Northeast Conference), while James Feldeine added 12 points and Brian Geffen 11.
Jaytornah Wisseh scored 27 points, including going 11-for-11 on free throws, to lead the Blackbirds (14-13, 10-6), who had their 11-game home winning streak snapped.
The Bobcats trailed 40-36 at halftime. Geffen’s 3-pointer with 4:34 left put Quinnipiac on top for good, 64-61. The Blackbirds pulled within one twice after that but could not tie the score.
- Quinnipiac beats Long Island U. 78-73
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school