Kent State shoots down Morehead State, 79-76
KENT, Ohio (AP)—Al Fisher scored 27 points, leading Kent State to its 8th-straight win Saturday over Morehead State, 79-76, at the MAC Center.
Morehead State led 31-29 at the half, and Kenneth Faried’s tip-in with 5:27 left put Morehead State up 63-59.
But a free throw by Brandon Parks put the Golden Flashes ahead to stay, 64-63, with 2:54 left. That came during a decisive 18-5 run during which Fisher scored 13 points. Fisher was 7-of-13 from the field 13-of-14 at the line.
Tyree Evans had 19 points and Chris Singletary added 15 for the Golden Flashes (16-11).
Leon Buchanan scored a season-high 31 points for the Eagles (16-13), but it wasn’t enough.
Faried had his 19th double-double of the season with 17 points and 12 rebounds. Demonte Harper had 15 points.
- Gardner-Webb stuns Coastal Carolina 59-57
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament