AMES, Iowa (AP)—Jamar Samuels notched his first career double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds as Kansas State rallied to beat Iowa State 50-46 Saturday.
Denis Clemente added nine points for the Wildcats, who held Iowa State star Craig Brackins to just six points in the second half and picked up their eighth win in nine games.
Clemente gave the Wildcats their biggest lead 49-43, on a 3 with 1:19 to go, but Iowa State’s Lucca Staiger answered with a 3. The Cyclones got the ball back with 25 seconds left after a Kansas State miss, but Brackins missed a long 3 and the Wildcats clinched it at the line.
Kansas State (19-8, 7-5) trailed by as much as 10 before taking the lead midway through the second half.
Brackins had 24 points to lead Iowa State (13-14, 2-10), but he shot just 1-of-9 in the second half. The Cyclones lost for the ninth time in 10 games and fell below .500.
- Report: NCAA tournament expansion is a 'done deal'
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64
- No. 2 UCLA returns to college basketball's upper echelon
- Late free throw gives Indiana State win over No. 16 Butler
- No. 7 North Carolina holds off Davidson 83-74
- Watson scores season-high 25, No. 10 Creighton beats Huskers