Idaho beats Cal State Northridge 78-75
MOSCOW, Idaho (AP)—Luciano de Souza sank two free throws with less than 16 seconds left to ice Idaho’s 78-75 win over Cal State Northridge in a non-conference game Saturday night.
Mac Hopson and Kashif Watson each scored 17 points to lead the Vandals (13-13).
With 16 seconds left and Idaho leading 76-72, Idaho’s Terrence Simmons moved back to receive an inbounds pass and fell. Mark Hill stole the pass and threw it to Matthew Wallace, who canned the 3, making it 76-75.
De Souza was fouled on the inbounds pass, made both free throws, and a desperation 3-point attempt by Hill was off the mark.
Idaho shot 68 percent from the floor, while the Matadors (12-12) shot 42 percent.
Kenny Daniels led Northridge with 19 points while Hill and Rob Haynes each scored 13.
Marvin Jefferson and de Souza each scored 13 points for Idaho.
- VCU capitalizes on its Final Four run with clever new T-shirt
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home