Wofford beats Furman 85-82 in OT
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP)—Noah Dahlman scored 25 points, including four in the final 38 seconds of overtime to lead Wofford to an 85-82 win over Furman on Saturday.
Dahlman, who hit two free throws with 32 seconds left in regulation to help force overtime, took over in the final minute of OT.
Alex Opacic hit two foul shots to put Furman up 82-80 with 1:46 to play in the extra frame, but Dahlman was fouled on his game-tying layup and hit his free throw to put Wofford up by one with 38 seconds left. After Junior Salters hit one free throw, Dahlman sank a free throw with 7 seconds left to cap a 7-2 Wofford run in the game’s final two minutes.
Furman’s last field goal came with 2:55 left in OT.
Salters finished with 21 points for the Terriers (13-12, 9-7 Southern Conference).
Bryson Barnes led the Paladins (6-20, 4-13) with 20 points and 11 rebounds.
- Wofford beats Furman 85-82 in OT
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0