Florida A&M beats Maryland-Eastern Shore 78-62
TALLAHASEE, Fla. (AP)—Lamar Twitty scored 18 points to lift Florida A&M to a 78-62 victory over Maryland-Eastern Shore on Saturday night.
Dale Hughes added 15 points for the Rattlers (7-18, 5-8 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who snapped an eight-game losing streak that began with a loss to the Hawks on Jan. 24.
Maryland-Eastern Shore (7-19, 3-10) has lost seven of its past eight games.
Florida A&M was 8 of 20 from the 3-point line (40 percent), with Hughes hitting three 3-pointers. The Rattlers also went 28-for-46 from the field (60.9 percent).
The Rattlers opened the second half on a 16-6 run to build a 51-32 lead with 14:14 left.
Byron Taylor added 11 points and Larry Jackson had nine rebounds for Florida A&M.
Neal Pitt scored 12 points and Aleksandar Popovic had 10 points and 11 rebounds for the Hawks.
- Florida A&M beats Maryland-Eastern Shore 78-62
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four