Creighton beats George Mason 76-63
OMAHA, Neb. (AP)—Booker Woodfox scored 22 points on 8-of-10 shooting to lead Creighton past George Mason 76-63 in an ESPNU BracketBusters game on Saturday.
The nation’s leading 3-point shooter hit five of his six attempts from beyond the arc, including a pair during a 21-7 run by the Bluejays to break open a tight game in the second half.
Creighton (23-6) led 30-27 at the break and scored 11 of the first 13 points of the second half. The Bluejays shot 58 percent from the floor (15 of 26) in the second half. The Patriots, on the other hand, missed eight of their first nine after the intermission while the Jays opened their lead.
Antoine Young tallied 13 of Creighton’s 30 bench points, while Kenny Lawson had 10 points and seven rebounds. Darryl Monroe had seven points, 10 rebounds and six assists for George Mason.
Cam Long finished with 23 points for the Patriots (18-9).
- Crouch leads Bradley to 83-74 win over Tulsa in CBI Game 2
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims