Chicago State outscores Olivet Nazarene 96-68
CHICAGO (AP)—David Holston scored 29 points and had 10 assists to lead Chicago State to a dominating 96-68 win over Olivet Nazarene on Saturday.
John Cantrall was right behind Holston with 27 points on 12-of-17 shooting and five rebounds. Mike Wilson, with 14, was the only other Cougar in double digits.
Olivet Nazarene (12-14) began the game with a 9-0 run and held on to the lead for much of the first half. But the Cougars edged ahead 28-27 with 6:45 left and never looked back.
Chicago State took a comfortable 52-38 lead into the half.
Brandon Streets led the Tigers with 19 points, and he pulled down 5 rebounds. Tyler Wallenfang chipped in 15, and Cory Hainlen had 12.
Chicago State shot 56.9 percent, compared with 43.1 percent for Olivet Nazarene. The Cougars took advantage of a series of Tigers turnovers, scoring 35 points off turnovers, compared with 7 for the Tigers.
- Chicago State outscores Olivet Nazarene 96-68
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0