Charleston Southern defeats Presbyterian 57-52
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Omar Carter scored 15 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead Charleston Southern to a 57-52 win over Presbyterian on Saturday night.
With the win, the Buccaneers (8-18, 3-12 Big South Conference) snapped a five-game losing streak. Jamarco Warren had 12 points.
After trailing 34-24 at halftime, Charleston Southern responded with an 11-1 run to start the second half, and tied the score at 35-35 with a layup by Giedrius Knysas with 13:54 remaining.
The Blue Hose (11-16, 8-8) trailed 55-52 after Pierre Miller nailed a 3-pointer with 38 seconds left. But Miller’s 3-point attempt to tie the game with 9 seconds remaining was off-target, and Carter made two free throws in the final 3 seconds to secure the win.
Presbyterian was led by Al’Lonzo Coleman, who finished with 16 points and eight rebounds.
- Charleston Southern defeats Presbyterian 57-52
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0