Central Michigan beats Fairleigh Dickinson 68-62
MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. (AP)—Marcus Van’s team-high 16 points led Central Michigan to a 68-62 win over Fairleigh Dickinson on Saturday.
Jordan Bitzer had 14 points, Robbie Harman added 13 points with five assists and Jacolby Hardiman came off the bench to score 10 points and snag a team-high eight rebounds for the Chippewas (9-16).
The teams combined for 22 turnovers in the first half, which ended in a 23-23 tie. Central Michigan moved out to a 42-31 lead with 12:43 left to play. The Knights (7-21) drew to within two points on three separate occasions, but the Chippewas scored on each ensuing possession to keep the visitors at bay.
Fairleigh Dickinson’s Cameron Tyler scored a game-high 21 points but committed 11 turnovers. Terence Grier added 15 points and John Galvin had 11.
- Central Michigan beats Fairleigh Dickinson 68-62
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four