Cal Poly beats South Dakota State
SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. (AP)—Shawn Lewis scored 21 points in leading Cal Poly to a 66-62 win over South Dakota State in a ESPNU BracketBuster game Saturday night.
Chaz Thomas and Titus Shelton scored 18 and 10 points respectively for the Mustangs who improved to 7-17.
Kai Williams led the Jackrabbits with 19 while Dale Moss scored 18 with the team falling to 12-17 overall.
The Mustangs shot 48 percent from the floor and made 39 percent from long range. South Dakota State shot 41 percent, but made just 16 percent from beyond the arch.
- Which NCAA teams have the best and worst graduation rates?
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions