UAB routs Southern Miss 86-56
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP)—Robert Vaden and Channing Toney scored 22 points apiece to help Alabama-Birmingham rout Southern Mississippi 86-56 on Saturday for the Blazers’ sixth straight victory.
UAB (19-8, 9-3 Conference USA) jumped out to a 43-18 halftime lead against the Golden Eagles (14-12, 4-8), who have lost six of their last seven games.
Vaden, who leads the league in 3-pointers made, went 6-for-12 from beyond the arc to increase his total to 89. He has scored in double figures in 26 consecutive contests.
Lawrence Kinnard and Paul Delaney III added 15 points each for UAB.
The Blazers, the Conference USA leader in field goal percentage, hit 55.6 percent of their shots (30 of 54) compared to 43.5 percent for Southern Miss (23 of 53).
Jeremy Wise scored 16 points for the Golden Eagles and Andre Stephens had 12.
UAB also beat Southern Miss 66-49 on Feb.7.
- UAB routs Southern Miss 86-56
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four