Denver beats Arkansas St to snap 43-game road skid
JONESBORO, Ark. (AP)—Nate Rohnert scored 21 points, Brian Stafford had 18 and Denver beat Arkansas State 73-53 Saturday night, snapping a 43-game road losing streak.
Rob Lewis added 16 points and 13 rebounds as the Pioneers (13-14, 8-8 Sun Belt) ended the longest running skid in the nation, dating back to March 2006.
Daniel Bryant scored 15 points and JeJuan Brown had 14 for the Red Wolves (13-14, 5-11), who lost their seventh straight.
- Denver beats Arkansas St to snap 43-game road skid
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four